Sunday, April 7, 2013

How to convince parents to let me backpack through europe at 16 ( forget to mention something)?

How to convince parents to let me backpack through europe at 16 ( forget to mention something)?
When I am 16, I want to backpack through Europe on my own for about 4 months. I can get the money needed but how can parents be convinced to let me do this, on my own. I am very responsible person and do not try and get into bad situations. I speak some French and some Russian so would that be any reason to let me do what I want to do, This will be only chance. The countries that would be seting foot on are. So how how much would I need to bring , money? Would being with my best friend make them more likely to let me go At 16 can I legally do what is wanted without permission? Dublin, Ireland Reykjavik, Iceland Oslo, Norway Stockholm, Sweden Tampere, LS, Finland St. Petersburg, Russia Moscow, Russia Yerevan, Armenia Jerusalem, Israel Chisinau, Moldova Athens, Greece Tirana, Albania Belgrade, Serbia Podgorica, Montenegro Budapest, Hungary Zagreb, Croatia Rome, Italy Malta Madrid, Spain Andorra La Vella, Andorra Paris, France Brussels, BRU, Belgium Amsterdam, Netherlands Should I be allowed to do this?
Other - Europe - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think at sixteen, you will be legally allowed..unfortunately.
2 :
Wait two more years, then you can do as you please.
3 :
Hi, it is legal but your parents need to sign a document, I'm from Belgium btw and I see you're going there ^^
4 :
ive been around the world when i was 14 i'm sure you could do it at 16.
5 :
wait two years.
6 :
Yes, what is two years difference going to make? People mature at different ages, some never mature at all. It sounds like you're a mature, responsible young man, enjoy your trip.
7 :
Oh, ME too! I so wanted to do that and my parents wouldn't let me. Some of my older 17 year old friends did it in the summer. So, what did I do? I joined the American Field Service and became a foreign exchange student. My parents went for that. It wasn't backpacking through Europe but it WAS a foreign experience. They have summer programs and full year programs. I've been a host mom, too. Youth for Understanding is another program that I've worked with as well.
8 :
You might be responsible enough to do it, but there is bad people in the world and your parents are just trying to protect you. It's not that they don't want you to have fun, which you probably think. No you can't go w/o their permission. And proposing that you want to go with your friend will most likely lower your chances, if there is any chance.
9 :
I think that you really show them that you are able to protect yourself against unexpected dangers, can take care of your health and can refrain from sex with strangers. Life is very precious and we want our children not to lose or damage it for fake adventure. We trust them but still we can not stop caring about them. We don't care if this pisses them off but the main concern is that we want to be sure that they are going to get through the hardships and become responsible for their actions. I think you should wait two years. It is going to be more fun.
10 :
I don't think 16 is permitted ....
11 :
I depends on your maturity, but it would be better if you can wait until your 18. Your nightlife options will be very limited at 16. Russia will require a tourist visa, they are valid for 30 days only. Looking at your itinerary, I hope your parents have deep pockets. Best of luck.
12 :
You've already asked this question 7 times; how many times do you need to see the word NO before you realize that your parents are right and you are wrong? What fallacy makes you think this is your only chance? That is total nonsense. Your list is ridiculous for a single trip of a seasoned adult traveler; it is total insanity for a child. Most of those places won't permit to stay in a hotel alone; some won't let you enter the country unaccompanied. The cost will be astronomical; £10.000 to £15.000 easily, maybe more. The travel to all those places will be huge, and accomodations - even a hostelry - for 4 months (120 nights) would be thousands. Perhaps you should ask your parents what it cost them to have you in their home for 4 months - the answer will shock you! The visas you will need will cost hundreds, and if they knew you were traveling alone the would deny the visa - especially Russia. So you speak a little French and a little Russian - enough to get around? Or only a few random words? What about Flemish, Spanish, Maltese, Croatian, Serbian, Albanian, Greek, Moldovan (Romanian), Hebrew, Armenian, Finnish, Norwegian, or Icelantic? To answer your quesion: NO - you should not be given permission to do this. NO - you are forbidden by law from leaving home without permission. You will be labelled a runaway and hunted down like a fugitive. Even asking such a question proves you lack the responsibility or maturity to be let out of your home without supervision - let alone out of the country.