Thursday, April 28, 2011

Do I have to pay child support?

Do I have to pay child support?
I'm moving to Norway next month for a job that is my dream that earns me over 160k a year. I had a relationship with a girl and now she is 4 months pregnant. I don't want to be with her as I don't love her but I want to give my emotional and financial support to the child. She is currently living with her parents and make a decent wage. How do I make sure she receives the money in the check? How much should I pay her? BTW, no I can't refuse not to go. The reason is too long to explain just that I have to go to Norway. Im in the US right now.
Marriage & Divorce - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can settle this out in court.. A judge can determine the amount of money that you should send her monthly, which is based on your income. You would send the money through check, usually. And yes, you must pay child support. You risk serious jail time and fines if you do not. Besides this, you risk resentment and problems with your future child and your ex. Good luck
2 :
Who says that kid's even yours ? I wouldn't give her a dime until I saw some rock solid DNA evidence.
3 :
you pay the amount the courts say you pay. my state is 22% of gross wages for 1 child. always go thru the courts for support.
4 :
yup