Saturday, April 28, 2012

Should I abandon my pregnant wife?

Should I abandon my pregnant wife?
I have to go on a business trip to Norway for 3 years because of my knowledge in Norwegian language. My girlfriend of two years is 6 month pregnant and I have leave her for my job. I plan on inviting her over once I make over 200k a year :) How do I tell her my business trip? Should I tell her to move in with her family? Break up? I can't refuse has this is a lot and I mean A LOT of money and pressure on me and I am doing what best for me and my dream
Marriage & Divorce - 16 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Are you kidding? You got her pregnant, you cannot leave. You knew you were committing to her seriously when you had sex with her. You knew you owe her your love when you found out she was pregnant. Don't leave her with your daughter, be a man. Hope I helped.รข™¥
2 :
if u leave her u r the biggest jackass ever and ull miss everything with ur kid go on the trip and ask her to go with u or just don't take the job ik my husband wouldn't
3 :
why don't you just invite her when you go? now your having a child together you have to do what's best for the child, not you.
4 :
tell her to move with you
5 :
If you loved her and had any respect for the child you two are about to have, you would not even be asking this. Do whatever the fck you want retard.
6 :
I think you owe it to your girlfriend to discuss it with her. Discuss all the options. Why can't she move with you? Is that not a very valid option? Honestly, if I thought my boyfriend would even consider taking a job and moving to another country without so much as asking me my opinion about it I would leave him in a second; he wouldn't be worth my time if he would do something that awful to me, especially if I was pregnant.
7 :
Your baby didn't ask to be conceived. Now man up! If you love her, then take her with you! What a predicament for her to be in. If pregnancy isn't stressful enough and then you are going to break it to her that she may be on her own because of your selfish needs to make a certain amount of money. Really????? Geez.
8 :
ummmm helllllo what about your child...and do you love her? money isnt everything do you really want to miss the birth of your child? the best thing for youto do budddy is wake up and smell the coffee and take that girl with you now....atleast offer
9 :
Did you have the same dreams before you got her pregnant??? I guess 200k a year means more to you than the life you help create!!!
10 :
Well... it's not just about you now. You've got a kid. Almost. If you love her and she loves you then a long distance relationship will work for a little while, but you have to get her with you asap. Even if you help her out financially while you two are apart, chances are she'll resent you for not being there to help raise and emotionally support the child you have together. You need to sit her down and have a serious talk about the future. What about her dreams? Would moving for Norway mess up school or her career path? What about the kid? Would you be okay missing the first few milestones (including the birth)? How often would you be able to see each other? What's the outlook for you regarding this job? Is there any possibility it won't work out? There are a lot of questions that need answering. She'll have a lot, but you'll need to approach it from a rational level. I know if I was in her position, I would be upset. Feelings may be hurt, so stay positive and be sure to make her understand how much you love her and how dedicated you are to this unborn child.
11 :
If you do leave, you'll regret it man. Trust me. Either way why can't you bring her with you until you make 200k? That sounds ridiculous... And do you think her parents will be compassionate to your 200k Dreams... and you putting their daughter on the back burner until you are making that. If she was my daughter and you said that, I would not let her around you... Would not care if your the father or not.. Clearly you're not mature enough to be one.
12 :
in my opinion, i think you should tell her about it ASAP, therefore she knows what is going to happen. let her help make the decisions. you could either: 1. she will move with someone, take care of the baby until it is a couple months old, and she can move with you to Norway. 2. DO NOT DITCH HER. because she is pregnant from YOU!. 3. i do not know just make sure you discuss this with your girlfriend / wife. she might have a different opinion with your problem.
13 :
You shouldn't have to ask this you should either take her with you or make arrangements so you can take care of the child while on business. But over all MAN THE FUCK UP!!!! to your responsibilities. you don't have to live with them but your responsible for their well being. and a word of advice dude if you know something like this is coming up invest in some condoms.
14 :
i'm assuming it's your girlfriend, although you say it's your wife in the subject. anyway, only you can make the final decision. but is there a need to break up with her? a lot of people get transferred overseas while their spouses/partners stay behind, but maintain their relationship. However it only works if both sides are committed to it. is the baby yours? (since you've been together 2 years and she's 6 months pregnant, under normal circumstances, it would be, but these days you never know...) If you are the father, you can't abandon the child...that is just wrong. There are many ways to stay in touch, and you can travel to be there for the birth or to spend time with your child.And of course, wire money for child support.
15 :
So which is it, wife or girlfriend? Actually that's irrelevant. She's carrying your kid, you have a responsibility to her. Is there any reason why she can't go to Norway with you? We make plans, have goals, live for our careers, and then parenthood changes everything. Priorities shift, and family becomes the most important thing in our lives. How will you feel, over there in Norway, living your dream and making the big money, while she gives birth, is helped by her family, learns how to be a single mother? And if you do reach your goal of 200k a year, will she want to accept your invitation? What if she sends you an invitation to her wedding, how would you feel then, to know that after you abandoned her and your unborn child, someone else stepped up to be the man you couldn't be? You have responsibilities now, as a father. Man up. Jobs come and go, they could send anybody to Norway. Your baby has one biological father, who apparently would rather run away and speak Norwegian than stay with the family. What do you think, should you go, or should you stay?
16 :
YOU CAN NOT DO THAT TO HER. that would be the biggest mistake of your life. and probably make extremely depressed and try to commit sucide and your baby could die 2. but in all serious i dont know if she would commit sucide probably not but when i a woman is depressed while pregnant that can create serious complications during labor and even cause the baby birth defects. trust me my dad left my mom when she was 7 months pregnant and had a similar situation, he (my dad) was going to send out for her to come live in america once he started to make a nice amount of money at his new job and that didnt start happening until i was 7 and i didnt even get to see him until then because my mom was extremely heart broken and pissed at him that he left. and now there back together and we live in the states but i feel now like he abandoned me and we arent very close and i dont have much respect for him. TRUST ME unless you want your wife to be upset with you and ur kid to think you abondoned them then go right a head. but if you dont then take your wife with you and if she cant leave right now wait for her to be able to come until you go out.