Friday, October 7, 2011

How to gain the trust of french people? (specially my bf's family). Are they hard to deal with? ?

How to gain the trust of french people? (specially my bf's family). Are they hard to deal with? ?
Im asian, 24 yrs old but now living in europe & working here.I have a house & my own car in Asia where my family is staying.Im in a relationship for 1 and a hald yr with a french guy.He is nice, sweet, romantic & i love him so much.I went to france and met his family.I stayed for 9 days with him in their house together with his dad.I met his sister and we had a nice family dinner.I thought everything was fine.His father told me that he accepted me as a part of the family.He even give us his wedding ring and his wife who passed away.That time i felt so nice cause i was thinking they accepted me already. After 9 days i went back to norway & i never met my bf's sister again. We really didnt talk so much and also the dad cause hard to communicate they dont speak english so much and i dont speak french. This past few days my bf told me that his family like me but they dont trust me cause they dont know me enough to trust me.. My questions are: How to deal with my bf's french family to make them understand that i love my bf and its not the question of money? Does it really like this hard to deal with the french family? Is it because im Asian thats why they dont trust me? Do they think that im so low cause im Asian? Does it really that hard to deal with french people? I read an in some papers that French people mostly are hard to deal with, is it true? Does anyone have same problems as mine? What should i do to make them trust me? Should i break up with my bf because of this problem? I dont want him fight with his family, i dont want him to choose but now things make it hard for everyone of us.... Can anyone give me some advice pls... I would really appreciate any advice from all of you guys.. thanks in advance :-)
Marriage & Divorce - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Throw them some soap and some razors. I hear they kinda funky and hairy in all the wrong places.
2 :
usually, if you show interest in french language or culture, french people will show interest in you. if you make an attempt to speak french to them, they will attempt to speak english to you (or will at least help you with your french). get in contact with them again. find their phone numbers and call them up just to chat. the best way for you to earn their trust is for them to learn more about who you are.
3 :
if u are an asian doesnt mean ur low...take out such notions from ur head.. these days no one low or noone is high if they are looking down upon u then u have sooo many other guys still young and single and u have chance.
4 :
hi french people are very nice people,but there are very stubborn, just send them some birthday cards and gift evrything will be ok. try to learn french its will help you,
5 :
Hi, I have travelled to France many times on business and pleasure. The French People are very protective of their culture and identity. It's in the history of the French VS the English through hundreds of years. THEY HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE ASIAN! Trust me, it is just because you are not French. I suggest you learn some of their customs and take a first course in French in Norway. The next time you see them, say a few things in French. They will love that. It makes them very comfortable. Psychologically they see you are not taking away their culture (through their son-your boyfriend) They will see you are making an attemp to become Frenc. Do this for the sake of your relationship. After you do, they will become very comfortable with you. And once they accept you-they will accept you for life. When I travelled to France on business with colleagues-it was very difficult for my colleagues to get along with the French. I did what I told you to do-and I never had a problem with them. For example-I would go to an appointment and speak the little French I knew. They knew English better than I knew French and would immediately switch the conversation to English. That little attempt I made to honor their culture, language and so forth always turnedd the situation around-even with the very rude Frenh waiters in Paris!!! I am an American, and they don't like Americans in general. But by being meek, trying a little French and humbling myself a bit to them, ALWAYS TURNED THE SITUATION AROUND. I wish you much luck. Joe