Thursday, December 1, 2011

Have you ever considered selling your horses because of the economy?

Have you ever considered selling your horses because of the economy?
Sometimes I think about selling my horses because of the economy. My family's life would be so much easier without the expense of our, well my, horses. I know we would all be happier with the extra money every month. I'm sure it equals up to $500. But I'm too stubborn, I've done it too long, and what can I say, I'm pretty good at what I do. Idk, it saddens and depresses me because idk how to make it work. I'm working on getting a job at my friends moms restaurant, so I can pay for at least the board myself. What do you think about the economy and horses. How do you make it work? UK people, what's it like over there? I wanna move to Norway or England haha. Well I have two horses. One is my seasoned rodeo horse, the other is my rising rodeo horse, here after summer when the season starts again, he'll be the main one I compete on. Once I retire the seasoned horse I'll sell him or lease him out.
Horses - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not seriously. More like "Oh, I really should so we can pay mortgage next month." But I never actually do it. And now, I'm 18, and my horse is all on me. Hello three jobs and toodle oo social life. I had an ad up to half lease him this last year in college because between school and bills and everything, I wasn't going to be able to cover board that month. Thankfully I got a job, but that was cutting it way too close. If I ever were in that situation again, I would sell or lease him. He'd be a hard horse to find a leaser for, so it would probably end up as selling
2 :
Here's a question that might help you decide - if your family can afford them, are you planning to keep them until they die of old age, or would you sell them and get another horse that would fit your riding skill better? ETA: If you were going to sell or lease your experienced horse next year, why not lease him right now? It will bring in some extra income, you will still have control of the horse and the person who is leasing will have the time to see if it is really what he wants.
3 :
I definitely know I'm struggling, and so are my parents. I had a pretty easy time making quick and good money, but now in this economy I'm practically begging for jobs. And I'm charging HALF of what I used to. My parents are lucky that I can afford most of my horse expenses. They still have to help with some of the medical stuff, and the occasional farrier. I really wish I made more money so I could pay for ALL of it myself. Buying my horse was definitely the EASIEST part. UGH, why wasn't I born into a rich family? My dad and mom recently got a second job (they're teachers so they have a month of the summer off) and will be working a lot longer hours in order for us to continue our cushioned life. I feel really bad for them, but you do what you gotta do.
4 :
Yeah :(. I almost sold my $20,000 show horse a few months ago cause my mom was having trouble taking care of two horses and i couldn't get a job( im only 14). But its all good now :D. I would have DIED if i would have had to sell my 2 horses :(. *EDIT* - why do people keep giving me thumbs down for NO reason??????
5 :
Well, for me the obvious answer is no, because I don't have a horse. But I know sure as hell the reason I haven't bought a horse is the economy. If we all STOP voting for evil, satanic people like obama, then we wouldn't have to be suffering this bad. VOTE REPUBLICAN IN NOVEMBER AND 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!